Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekly Progress Report

Progress

I have made a breakthrough by establishing a connection between the school's laptop and the Mindwave headset. The computer can now pick up signals of brainwave activity that the Mindwave picks up when someone is wearing it. I've learned how to utilize the meditation and attention aspects of the Mindwave and I have learned how different things can affect certain signal output. Some things that affect what type of brainwave signal is being emitted are music and, more specifically, binaural beats. I have used a website, https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/binauralBrainwaveGenerator.php, in order affect my brainwave levels. This may be useful in helping to solve problems such as insomnia or ADD/ADHD.

Problem

The only problems I am facing now are the low battery lives of the computer and headset and the ease in losing signal between the laptop and Mindwave headset. I will also need the CD from school, but other than those minor problems there are no obstructions.

Plan

My next plan is to use the sample code from the CD and use it with the Mindwave headset to test out it's capabilities. After that, app development should begin and more testing will arise. The app that I create should be able to utilize most, if not all, aspects of the NeuroSky Mindwave headset and accomplish a task more efficiently than one can without the headset.


No comments:

Post a Comment